DATE: Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th March 2018
TIME: 9.30am – 4pm each day with 1 1/2 hrs for lunch
LOCATION: Lavalla Centre, 58 Fernberg Road, Paddington, 4064
PRESENTER: TRE Certification Training Provider & Physiotherapist Richmond Heath
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
- This workshop is open to anyone seeking to learn TRE for ongoing personal use including both the general public & health professionals.
- During the workshop, TRE will be taught as a self-regulated technique for people without any major medical or mental health concerns.
- If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please contact the workshop facilitator before registering for the workshop.
- Attendance at this 2-day TRE workshop counts as the pre-requisite to application for the 2018 Certification Training Program to learn to teach TRE professionally.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN (12 contact hrs):
Day 1: Tremors, Trauma & TRE
- morning TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors in a safe & self-regulated way)
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors lying on the floor or in bed)
- how the body responds to stress & trauma (real or perceived)
- poly-vagal theory & our 3 primary autonomic nervous system states
- the role of procedural memory in tension, trauma & chronic pain
- how neurogenic movement releases stress & trauma differently to general exercise
- how traditional cultures have used neurogenic movements for health, healing & spirituality
- why physical embodiment & interoception are keys to building resilience & coping capacity
Day 2: Tremors Beyond Trauma – Growth, Vitality & Resilience
- morning TRE session – full TRE lead in exercises to deepen the tremor experience
- afternoon TRE session – TRE for grounding, centering & presence
- integration of overnight responses & refinement of self-regulation
- the triune brain & how the mind & body ‘split’ during stress & trauma
- how neurogenic movements naturally bridge the mind-body gap
- fascia & the role of fascial unwinding in optimal movement patterns
- neural plasticity & how ongoing TRE helps re-organise the body over time
- the use of TRE for creativity, personal growth & accessing Flow States
Please note – the workshop syllabus will be adjusted according to the needs of the group. An overview of the Certification Training program will be presented during the last 1/2 hr of lunch on day 2 for those who are interested. For an introduction to the trauma-informed theory behind TRE, watch this 15 minute presentation: https://vimeo.com/207207712
WHAT TO BRING:
- wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
- a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 1/2 hour.
- pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be comfortable on the floor.
- a light blanket for rest times
- notepad and pens if you want to take notes
- any snacks you require – there will be a short toilet break rather than morning or afternoon tea
- BYO lunch or walk or drive to local shops and cafes
REGISTRATION OPTIONS: (prices include GST – register at the bottom of the page)
When considering the value of this workshop, please be aware you are not simply paying for the time spent in the workshop, but investing in a self-care process to maximise your health & wellbeing & help reduce the money you spend on treatments over the course of your life.
- Early-bird registration – $495 – before Friday March 9th, 2018
- Full price registration – $585 – registration available on the day
- 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code. There is no concession discount on re-attending tickets.
- Re-attending discounts:
- A 33% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 TRE day workshop by entering the word 1dayreattending in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case.)
- A 66% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 2 day (or longer) TRE workshop by entering the word 2dayreattending in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case.)
- There is no concession on re-attending tickets.
- Certification Trainee discounts:
- certification trainees can re-attend workshops for $100 if booked during the early bird period. Please enter the word certificationtrainee in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case) during the early bird period (not the super-early bird period)
- Cancellation Fees:
- An administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
- EFT: use your last name as your reference number or if not available, your contact phone number.
- PAYPAL: pay using your paypal balance or stored credit card
- CREDIT CARD: pay using a debit or credit card (without signing up to paypal) by completing your booking via paypal but not ‘re-entering’ a password after completing your payment
ENQUIRIES: Contact Richmond or Ph. 0409 357 964 for more information about this workshop.