LocationOcean Shores Community Centre
DATE: Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September 2017
TIME: NB – 9.30am – 4pm each day with 1 1/2 hrs for lunch
LOCATION: Ocean Shores Community Centre, 55 Rajah Road, Ocean Shores (0pposite Ocean Village Shopping Centre)
PRESENTER: TRE Certification Training Provider & Physiotherapist Richmond Heath
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
- This workshop is open to anyone seeking to learn TRE for ongoing personal use including both the general public & health professionals.
- Attendance at a 2 day public workshop is a pre-requisite to application for the Certification Training Program to learn to teach TRE professionally. (The next certification training intake will be in June 2018)
- During the workshop, TRE will be taught as a self-regulated technique for people without any major medical or mental health concerns.
- If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please contact the workshop facilitator before registering for the workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN (12 contact hrs): Day 1: Tremors, Trauma & TRE
- morning TRE session – invoking & self-regulating tremors in a safe & controlled way
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors in as little as 5-10 mins simply lying on the floor)
- how the body responds to stress & trauma (real or perceived)
- poly-vagal theory & our 3 primary autonomic nervous system states
- the role of conditioned memory in tension, bracing & unresolved trauma
- the role of neurogenic tremors in stress release & trauma recovery
- why autonomic movement is different from general exercise in the resolution of stress & trauma
- why embodiment & interoception is the key to RESILIENCE
Day 2: Tremors Beyond Trauma – Growth, Vitality & Resilience
- morning TRE session – full TRE lead in exercises to deepen the tremor experience
- afternoon TRE session – TRE for grounding, centering & presence
- integration & understanding of overnight responses to TRE
- how trauma unwinds over time – the big picture of healing through arousal states
- the role of dreaming & nightmares in trauma recovery
- fascia & fascial unwinding during TRE
- post-traumatic growth & creating physiological maturity in the nervous system
- the role of neural plasticity in creating sustainable change through TRE
- the neurology of Flow & the use of TRE for creativity, personal growth, vitality & wellbeing
Please note – the workshop syllabus will be adjusted according to the needs of the group & an overview of the Certification Training program will be presented during the last 1/2 hr of lunch on day 2 for those interested.
For an introduction to the trauma-informed theory behind TRE, watch this 15 minute presentation:
WHAT TO BRING:
- wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
- a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 1/2 hour.
- pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be comfortable on the floor.
- a light blanket for rest times
- notepad and pens if you want to take notes
- any snacks you require – there will be a short toilet break rather than morning or afternoon tea
- BYO lunch or walk or drive to local shops and cafes
REGISTRATION OPTIONS: (prices include GST – register at the bottom of the page)
When considering the value of this workshop, please be aware you are not simply paying for the time spent in the workshop, but investing in a self-care process to maximise your health & wellbeing & help reduce the money you spend on treatments over the course of your life.
- Super-early-bird registration – $435 – before Friday 11th August
- Early-bird registration – $495 – before Friday 8th September
- Full price registration – $585 – registration available on the day
- 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code. There is no concession discount on re-attending tickets.
- Re-attending discounts:
- A 33% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day workshop with Richmond Heath by entering the word 1dayreattending in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case.)
- A 66% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 2 day (or longer) TRE workshop with Richmond Heath by entering the word 2dayreattending in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case.)
- There is no concession on re-attending tickets.
- Certification Trainee discounts:
- certification trainees can re-attend workshops for $100 if booked during the early bird period. Please enter the word certificationtrainee in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case) during the early bird period (not the super-early bird period)
- Cancellation Fees:
- An administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
- EFT: use your last name as your reference number or if not available, your contact phone number.
- PAYPAL: pay using your paypal balance or stored credit card
- CREDIT CARD: pay using a debit or credit card (without signing up to paypal) by completing your booking via paypal but not ‘re-entering’ a password after completing your payment
ENQUIRIES: Contact Richmond or Ph. 0409 357 964 for more information about this workshop.
Bookings are closed for this event.