DATE: Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th August 2017
TIME: NB – 9.30am – 4pm each day with 1 1/2 hrs for lunch
LOCATION: Darwin Travelodge Resort (Mirambeena Room) 64 Cavenagh Street, Darwin, NT, 0800
PRESENTER: TRE Certification Training Provider & Physiotherapist Richmond Heath
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
- Please note: this workshop is specifically targetted towards service providers including health-care professionals, welfare providers, wellness practitioners, emergency services & military personnel. If you are not a service provider but are not a client of local health & welfare services, please contact the workshop facilitator here if you are interested in attending this workshop.
- During the workshop, TRE will be taught as a self-regulated technique for people without any major medical or mental health concerns.
- If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please complete the pre-workshop screening form and wait for the workshop facilitator to contact you to discuss the suitablity of learning TRE in a workshop setting before registering for the workshop.
- Attendance at a 2 day public workshop is also a pre-requisite to application for the Certification Training Program for people interested in learning to teach TRE professionally – the next certification training intake with Richmond Heath will be in June 2018.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN (12 contact hrs): Day 1: Tremors, Trauma & TRE
- morning TRE session – invoking & self-regulating tremors in a safe & controlled way
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors in as little as 5-10 mins simply lying on the floor)
- how the body responds to stress & trauma (real or perceived)
- poly-vagal theory & our 3 primary autonomic nervous system states
- the role of conditioned memory in tension, bracing & unresolved trauma
- the role of neurogenic tremors in stress release & trauma recovery
- how autonomic movement is different from general exercise in the resolution of stress & trauma
- why embodiment & interoception is the key to RESILIENCE
Day 2: Tremors Beyond Trauma – Growth, Vitality & Resilience
- morning TRE session – full TRE lead in exercises to deepen the tremor experience
- afternoon TRE session – TRE for grounding, centering & presence
- integration & understanding of overnight responses to TRE
- how trauma unwinds over time – the big picture of healing through arousal states
- the role of dreaming & nightmares in trauma recovery
- fascia & fascial unwinding during TRE
- post-traumatic growth & creating physiological maturity in the nervous system
- the role of neural plasticity in creating sustainable change through TRE
- the neurology of Flow & the use of TRE for creativity, personal growth, vitality & wellbeing
Please note – the workshop syllabus may be adjusted according to the needs of the group & an overview of the Certification Training program will be presented during the last 1/2 hr of lunch on day 2 for those interested
WHAT TO BRING:
- wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
- a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 1/2 hour.
- pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be comfortable on the floor.
- a light blanket for rest times
- notepad and pens if you want to take notes
- any snacks you require – there will be a short toilet break rather than morning or afternoon tea
- BYO lunch or walk or drive to local shops and cafes
REGISTRATION OPTIONS: (prices include GST – register at the bottom of the page)
When considering the value of this workshop, please be aware you are not simply paying for the time spent in the workshop, but investing in a self-care process to help reduce the money you spend on treatments over the course of your life.
- Early-bird registration – $495 – (save $90) before Friday, July 21st
- Full price registration – $585 – (registration also available by cash or card on the day)
- 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code. There is no concession discount on re-attending tickets.
- Re-attending discounts:
- A 25% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day workshop with Richmond Heath by entering the word 1dayreattending in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case.)
- A 50% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 2 day (or longer) TRE workshop with Richmond Heath by entering the word 2dayreattending in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case.)
- There is no concession on re-attending tickets.
- Certification Trainee discounts:
- certification trainees can re-attend workshops for $100 if booked during the early bird period. Please enter the word certificationtrainee in the coupon code (all as 1 word in lower case) during the early bird period (not the super-early bird period)
- Cancellation Fees:
- An administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
- EFT: use your last name as your reference number or if not available, your contact phone number.
- PAYPAL: pay using your paypal balance or stored credit card
- CREDIT CARD: pay using a debit or credit card (without signing up to paypal) by completing your booking via paypal but not ‘re-entering’ a password after completing your payment
ENQUIRIES: Contact the workshop facilitator Richmond Heath via the contact form or on phone 0409 257 964 for more information about this workshop.
Bookings are closed for this event.