2016 Certification Training Information
Completion of the 2016 Australian Global Certification Training Program (GCTP) provides qualification as an internationally recognised ‘Certified TRE Provider,’ enabling you to teach TRE professionally to individuals and groups and for trainees with relevant pre-existing qualifications to provide hands-on facilitations. If you are considering the TRE certification training please see the summary of the supervision and self guided learning process below.
Please note – The certification training does not certify people without pre-existing qualifications to teach TRE as a stand-alone treatment or therapy for any medical or mental health conditions including PTSD or trauma. For therapists entering the certification program with pre-existing professional qualifications, the training will incorporate integrating TRE within and in support of their existing treatment modalities.
Provisional Professional Practice: Trainees with relevant pre-existing professional qualifications who are a member of a professional association and are able to justify that the teaching of TRE within the scope of their existing qualification and professional indemnity insurance are able to apply for a Provisional Professional Practice (PPP) certificate once they have reached competency to teach individuals and completed a minimum of 7 supervision hours. The PPP will be valid from the date of issue to a maximum of 12 months after the Module 2 workshop, during which time the trainee must complete the remainder of their training.
Existing TRE Providers: Existing Level 1 and Level 2 TRE Providers are able to further their training by entering the 2016 GCTP program at the relevant stage of the program and completing all the training requirements from that point onwards. For full details, please download the 2016 GCTP Log Book available here.
2015 GCTP trainees: The changes to the 2016 GCTP, including a reduction in the total supervision from 16 to 14 hours, have been backdated to include existing 2015 trainees. For full details of the updated supervision requirements, please download the 2016 GCTP Log Book here.
2016 TRE Certification Training Summary:
- Attend 3 day public workshop
- attending all 3 days is a pre-requisite to entering the certification training program
- see upcoming workshops for 3 day public workshops held in various locations throughout the year
- journal your personal practice of TRE for 1 month after the 3 day public workshop
- choose who you would like to have as you Primary Trainer (Richmond Heath or Jelka Slapar)
- you must begin the certification training within 3 months of attending your 3 day workshop
- Arrange a pre-enrolment interview with your Primary Trainer (15-30 mins – no cost)
- Complete 7* supervision hours before attending Module 2 workshop
- 1 hr demonstrating the exercises and supervision of your tremoring
- 2 hr reciprocal session with another trainee
- 4 one hour sessions leading volunteers (the 3rd session will be with your non-primary trainer)
- additional 18* self-guided practice hours – (6 hrs with other trainees / 12 hrs leading volunteers)
- required reading & written review – (1 article / 2 books / 1 Training manual)
- *some trainees may require additional sessions to reach competency standards before module 2
- Attend 3 day module 2 training workshop within 8 months of your 3 day public workshop
- Trainees must have completed the pre-requisite 7 supervision hours to attend the module 2 training workshop
- Trainees entering the certification training in the first half of 2016 will need to to attend the module 2 training workshop on October 8th – 10th at Bell City Preston, Melbourne
- Trainees attending 3 day public workshops in the second half of 2016 will need to attend the module 2 training workshop in Melbourne in April 2017. (date tbc)
- if trainees are unable to complete the pre-requisites or attend module 2 within the designated time frame, they are required to re-attend days 2 & 3 of a subsequent 3 day public workshop ($50 per day trainee rate) to enter the next training cycle (with credit negotiated for supervision hours already completed)
- Complete 7* supervision hours within 12 months after attending Module 2
- 3 hrs leading groups
- 3 hrs leading individuals with facilitations
- 1 hr – available for use to meet the best needs of the trainee
- additional minimum 13 hrs of self-guided practice – (4 hrs with other trainees / 3 hrs leading groups / 6 hrs individuals with facilitations)
- required reading & written review – (3 books)
- *some trainees may require additional sessions to reach competency standards
- all training requirements must be completed within 12 months of attending your module 2 workshop
- if trainees are unable to complete their training within the designated time frame, they will be required to re-attend a module 2 workshop (at 50% re-attending rate) to continue with their training.
If you require more information, please download the 2016 GCTP Australian TRE Training Log Book outlining each step of the supervision and self guided learning process in full detail. (contact your primary trainer if you require a log book in ‘fillable form’ format to keep a record of your supervision hours) or contact certified training providers Richmond Heath or Jelka Slapar.
The total cost for the certification training (after attending the pre-requisite 3 day workshop – $495) is approx. $2430* (including GST)
This estimate is based upon the following requirements:
- only the minimum 14 supervision hours are required
- the minimum 14 supervision hours are paid for in total up front to receive a 10% discount ($1440)
- the module 2 workshop is registered at the early bird rate ($495*)
Trainees are also able to pay for supervision on a session by session basis at the following rates:
- $120* for 1 on 1 sessions with your supervisor
- $160* per person for the 2-hour reciprocal session with your supervisor and another trainee.
- the minimum 14 supervision hours paid on a session by session basis totals $1600 (including GST)
- these supervision prices are standardized for supervision conducted with an Australian supervisor
*A 15% concession discount is available for workshops and pay as you go supervision sessions for holders of government approved concession cards. There is no concession available on up-front payment of supervision fees.
Trainees are strongly encouraged to re-attend 3 day public workshops where possible during the course of their training and are able to re-attend at $50 per day trainee rate booked during the early bird period.