Enrollment in the 2017 TRE Certification Training is now closed.
Pre-requisite 2-day personal use workshops will be available in various locations around Australia over the coming 12 months in the lead up to the next training intake in June 2018. To receive an email as soon as workshops are available, please sign up to the TRE newsletter here.
If you would like to discuss the 2018 certification training, please contact Certification Trainer Richmond Heath here
Completion of the 2017 Australian Global Certification Training Program (GCTP) provides qualification as an internationally recognised ‘Certified TRE Provider,’ enabling you to teach TRE professionally to individuals and groups. (see below for the Certification Training Summary, pre-requisites & costs)
For trainees with relevant additional qualifications, the certification will also qualify you to provide facilitations and/or use TRE within the scope of and in support of your existing treatment modalities.
For trainees without additional health qualifications, the certification training qualifies you to teach TRE for general health & wellbeing only to populations without any medical or mental health conditions and not as a treatment or therapy for any medical or mental health conditions.
Pre-requisites to enrolment: the pre-requisites to application for the Certification Training Program are attendance at a 2 day personal use workshop no more than 6 months prior to attending a Module 1 training workshop*, ongoing regular practice of TRE since the personal-use workshop, a minimum of 1 month journaling your personal practice prior to your pre-enrolment interview, review of the 2017 certification training log book outlining each step of the training process, submission of your journal summary & pre-enrolment form & a half hour pre-enrolment interview with your chosen Certification Trainer. (*if you have attended a 2 day personal use workshop more than 6 months prior to the Module 1 training workshop, please contact your certification trainer to discuss your specific situation)
Choosing a Certification Trainer: there are 2 Certification Trainers in Australia – Richmond Heath & Jelka Slapar. After attending a pre-requisite 2 day personal-use workshop (which can be lead by either trainer) trainees choose one of the trainers to be their primary supervisor. (Please note Richmond Heath is the only trainer offering certification training in Australia in 2017)
2017 Certification Training with Richmond Heath
- Module 1 – June 24th & 25th (Melbourne)
- Module 2 – December 2nd & 3rd (Melbourne)
Provisional Professional Practice (PPP): trainees with relevant pre-existing professional qualifications who are a member of a professional association and are able to justify that the teaching of TRE (to individuals only) within the scope of their existing qualification and professional indemnity insurance are able to apply for a Provisional Professional Practice (PPP) certificate once they have reached competency to teach individuals and completed a minimum of 7 supervision hours. The PPP will be valid from the date of issue to a maximum of 12 months after the Module 2 workshop, during which time the trainee must complete the remainder of their training.
Existing TRE Providers: existing Level 1 & Level 2 TRE Providers are able to further their training by entering the 2017 GCTP program at the relevant stage of the program and completing all the training requirements from that point onwards. For full details, please download the 2017 GCTP Log Book & contact your certification trainer.
2015 & 2016 GCTP trainees: existing trainees from 2015 & 2016 intake periods will continue their training according to the 2016 GCTP Certification Training Program, as long as they complete their training within the designated time frames. If the training is not completed within the required time frames you will be required to transfer your training into the 2017 format.
2017 Certification Training Summary:
Pre-requisites to enrolment:
- Pre-requisite A – attend a 2 day personal use workshop
- your 2 day personal-use workshop must be less than 6 months before attending the Module 1 training workshop*
- the 2 day personal-use workshop can be lead by either Richmond Heath or Jelka Slapar
- you must continue ongoing personal practice of TRE after your personal use workshop
- you must complete minimum 1 month journaling of your personal practice prior to your pre-enrolment interview
- see upcoming workshops for 2 day public workshops held around Australia
- (*if your 2 day personal use workshop will be more than 6 months before Module 1, contact your certification trainer to discuss your specific situation)
- Pre-requisite B – 1/2 hr enrolment interview
- contact your Certification Trainer – Richmond Heath
- review the 2017 Certification Training Log book so you are aware of the entire training program requirements before the enrolment interview
- submit a GCTP Pre-Enrolment Interview form (provided by your Trainer)
- submit a 1-2 page summary of your journal/experience of TRE
- undertake a 1/2 hr enrolment interview with your Trainer in person or via skype/zoom (there is no cost for this 1/2 hr enrolment interview)
- your Trainer will assess the suitability of the certification training program for you at this time
- contact your Certification Trainer – Richmond Heath
After enrolment is accepted:
- Enrolment fees:
- Attend a 2 day Module 1 training workshop – June 24th & 25th (Melbourne)
- Complete 7* supervision sessions before attending Module 2
- 1 hr demonstrating the exercises / personal tremor session
- 2 hr reciprocal session with another trainee
- 4 x 1 hr sessions leading a volunteer
- 18 self-guided practice hours – (6 hrs with other trainees / 12 hrs practice sessions with volunteers)
- required reading & resource reviews (1 article / 2 books / 1 training manual)
- (*some trainees may require additional sessions to reach competency standards before attending module 2)
- Attend a 2 day Module 2 training workshop – December 2nd & 3rd (Melbourne)
- (if trainees are unable to complete the pre-requisites or attend module 2 within the designated time frame, they will be required to re-attend a subsequent 2 day Module 1 workshop (at the discounted $100 trainee early bird rate) to enter the next training cycle with credit for supervision hours already completed)
- Complete 7* supervision hours within 12 months of attending Module 2
- 3 hrs leading groups
- 3 hrs leading individuals with facilitations
- 1 hr – available for use to meet the best needs of the trainee
- minimum 13 hrs of self-guided practice after Module 2 – (4 hrs with other trainees / 3 hrs leading groups / 6 hrs individuals with facilitations)
- required reading & resource reviews after Module 2 (3 books)
- (*some trainees may require additional sessions to reach competency standards)
- (all training requirements must be completed within 12 months of attending your module 2 workshop. If trainees are unable to complete their training within the designated time frame, they will be required to re-attend a suitable workshop to continue their training)
If you require more information, please download the 2017 GCTP Log Book [coming soon] outlining each step of the supervision and self guided learning process in full detail. (Log books in ‘fillable form’ format are available directly from your trainer Richmond Heath or Jelka Slapar if you would prefer to keep your records directly on your computer)
The total cost for the Certification Training Program is $3470* (including GST) consisting of:
- $100 – Australian Training Program enrolment fee
- $50 – Global TRE Administration fee (approximate) (US$35)
- $130 – Required reading & resources (approximate)
- $595 – Module 1 Training Workshop (early bird rate)
- $595 – Module 2 Training Workshop (early bird rate)
- $2000 – (≈$150 PAYG per session) – minimum 14 supervision sessions (12 x $150 individual sessions, 2 x $100 reciprocal session with another trainee)
Payment options: after enrolment fees, trainees have the option to pay as you go (PAYG) or arrange a fixed monthly payment ($265 over 12 months) for the 2 training modules and minimum 14 supervision hours components of the training. If required, additional supervision sessions are $150 per hr pro-rata in 15 minute increments. Trainees can also negotiate to pay for the training modules in instalments if required.
Concessions: a 10% concession on workshops & supervision costs only is available for holders of Government approved Concession cards.
*Please note – the estimate of $3470 is based upon the following conditions:
- only the minimum 14 supervision sessions are required
- module 1 & 2 workshop are registered at the early bird rate ($595 per module)
- required resources & reading materials are purchased at the cheapest online rate (approx $130)
- exchange rate for the US$35 global enrolment fee remain at approximately AU$50
- this total does not include the pre-requisite 2 day personal-use workshop
PS – here’s what some trainees have had to say about completing the TRE certification with Richmond Heath:
What I like about working with you (Richmond) is that I feel supported to experiment, try different things and learn. The environment you create is one of let’s try and see, so much is learnt here. You challenge but with support. I also enjoy your flexibility towards there is no fixed way. ie this person this time this worked, next time who knows, stay open, stay present and read. I love this and it makes sense. I enjoy that you are not fixed in a position, you are obviously the authority in this field yet you remain excited to explore. Your being excited by TRE and open to growth, is inspiring for your students. Thanks Richmond. TRE and learning with you has been a life changer. Tree Wiseblood