If you are an existing Level 2 trainer interested in furthering your training, are an existing Level 2 trainee seeking to complete or transfer your training, or you are new to TRE and are interested in the TRE certification training – please visit the 2016 Certification Training here.
The information on this page outlines the 2014 Level 2 certification training pathway that all trainees enrolling before the end of 2014 will use to complete their training. All trainees enrolling in certification from January 2015 will be enrolling in the new global certification training program.
2014 Level 2 Certification
(teaching TRE to groups, interventions* & integration with existing modalities)
The level 2 training program certifies you to teach TRE to groups, integrate your existing modalities and techniques with TRE and to perform basic hands on interventions to facilitate the tremors.*
(*Note – hands on interventions will only be able to be used professionally by those people with existing qualifications that allow hands on treatment. Those without hands on treatment qualifications will be experience these interventions in order to understand when referral on to other therapists may be required or beneficial for a client.)
Pre-requisites to attending a Level 2 workshop:
The 3 day Level 2 training workshop is NOT open to the general public and is only open to TRE trainers & trainees who are committed to entering the level 2 certification program or refreshing their existing L2 training including:
- Level 2 certified TRE trainers
- Enrolled Level 2 trainees
- Level 1 certified TRE trainers
- Enrolled Level 1 trainees who have completed at least 8 level 1 supervision hours by the time of the L2 workshop and have been approved to attend by their supervisor.
Level 2 Workshop Syllabus:
The workshop will follow the standard TRE workshop format and include tremoring twice daily. The workshop content will include:
- deepening experience, integration and understanding of personal TRE practice
- revision and updating of latest TRE information including poly-vagal theory and fascia
- freezing, flooding, dissociating and grounding and containment methods
- teaching TRE to groups (maintaining dual contact with the group and with individuals in the group)
- basic hands on interventions to assist the tremors*
- integration of trainees pre-existing techniques/skills/qualifications to assist the tremors
- experiential components of leading a small group and performing basic interventions
Attending the Level 2 workshop does not certify or allow you to teach groups or perform interventions but is the pre-requisite to entering the Level 2 certification training program to gain those qualifications.
*Note – hands on interventions will only be able to be used professionally by those people with existing qualifications that allow hands on treatment. Those without hands on treatment qualifications will be experiencing these interventions in order to understand when referral on to other therapists may be required or beneficial for a client.
Level 2 Certification Program:
(The following supervision format is due for review prior to the level 2 workshop in Nov 2014 and may be subject to minor changes – full details will be provided at the L2 workshop)
- Attend a 3 day level 2 workshop
- AU$99 administration fee – payable to your primary supervision – Richmond Heath via pay level 2 fees or Jelka Slapar via Pay Pal email address email@example.com or EFT (bank details on request)
- Continue journaling personal experience of TRE and keep a log of your teaching of TRE for a minimum 3 months during the level 2 training period with a minimum of 3 months between the level 2 workshop and level 2 assessment
- Minimum 6 hours of level 2 supervision consisting of:
- initial 2 hours – leading group under supervision – ( 1 hr leading group and 1 hour review with supervisor) – if approved can begin running small groups for later review with maximum number deteremined with supervisor as part of ongoing level 2 training)
- 1 hour – journal / feedback review of minimum 3 groups lead and experience with hands on interventions (the groups led do not require supervisor to be present once you have been approved to run a group – max number to be determined with superviosr)
- 1 hour – journal /feedback review of minimum 3 groups lead and experience with hands on interventions
- 1 hour – journal review of personal TRE use / performing TRE 1 on 1 under supervision / final questions and review of teaching experience
- 1 hour – Assessment of Competency leading a group under assessment of level 3 trainer (*if not yet competent may require additional 3 groups and 1 hr of feedback sessions or additional tasks as determined by supervisor)
- [Please find flow chart of level 2 supervision hours [to be developed]
- Required reading– 2 books plus 1 additional resource of your choice,
- Levine, Peter, (2010) In an Unspoken Voice. North Atlantic Books, Berkeley, California.
- Scaer, Robert (2001) The Body Bears the Burden, Trauma Dissociation and Disease, The Hamworth Press, Birmingham
- 1 additional resource of your own choice relevant to TRE with the approval of your supervisor (must be a new resource and not credit for reading prior to the level 2 training)
- listing on Australian and Dr Berceli’s international TRE website.
- NB – it is the responsibility of the trainee to maintain a record of their supervision hours and log of any groups taught
- Please note – there is provision to adapt the supervision hour structure in order to best meet the needs of the trainee and can incorporate trainees working together in peer review situations and or creating a joint project and co-leading groups under the approval of your supervisor
Supervision options & locations
Level 2 supervision sessions can be completed with the supervisor present in person, via skype or by submitting of video/DVD as approved by your supervisor. Please note it is recommended to use a wireless microphone for group skype sessions and DVD recordings so the supervisor is able to both see all the clients in the room as well as hear your interaction with your individual clients.
Level 2 Supervision Hours Record Booklet
- please note is it up to the trainee to keep a log of all people and groups taught during the level 2 training process as well as a record of all supervision hours completed including the date, venue, supervisor and what the session included. A supervision record for you to use to track your supervision hours is available under ‘resources for trainees’]
For more information regarding certification training, please contact Australian Level 3 instructor Richmond Heath on 0409 357 964 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org