In 2017, 2 Day workshops to learn TRE for personal use are open to anyone including health professionals & the general public. Attending a 2 day public workshop is also the pre-requisite to applying for the TRE certification training program.
For more details as well as precautions to attending, click on the workshop ‘details & registration’ buttons below. If there is not a worksop in your location please subscribe to the TRE mailing list here to be informed as soon as one becomes available.
2017 GCPT Module 1 – Melbourne – Sat & Sun June 24th & 25th This workshop is only open to certificated TRE providers, existing 2016 trainees and people who have completed their pre-enrolment interview with Richmond Heath and been approved to enter the 2017 GCTP training. Facilitated by TRE certification trainer & Physiotherapist Richmond Heath. (Bell City, Bell St, Preston)
BYRON SHIRE (Ocean Shores) 2 day TRE Personal Use workshop, Sat 23rd & Sun 24th September. 9.30am – 4.00pm This workshop is open to anyone seeking to learn TRE for ongoing personal use including health professionals & the general public. Facilitated by TRE certification trainer & Physiotherapist Richmond Heath.
Module 2 for 2017 GCPT trainees – Sat & Sun Dec 2nd & 3rd This workshop is only open to certificated TRE providers and 2017 GCTP trainees who have completed their pre-requisites to attending. Facilitated by TRE certification trainer & Physiotherapist Richmond Heath. (Venue TBC)
2 DAY WORKSHOP SYLLABUS (12 contact hrs):
Day 1: Tremors, Trauma & TRE
- morning TRE session – invoking & self-regulating tremors in a safe & controlled way
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors in as little as 5-10 mins simply lying on the floor)
- poly-vagal theory & our 3 primary states – engagement, fight/flight & freeze
- what ‘trauma’ actually is – the habitual reactivation of defensive states
- how the body responds to stress & trauma (real or perceived)
- tremors as solutions, not symptoms of stress & trauma
- self-regulation of the autonomic nervous system
- TRE as a bottom-up solution for stress prevention & trauma recovery
Day 2: Tremors Beyond Trauma – Growth, Vitality & Resilience
- morning TRE session – full TRE lead in exercises to facilitate the tremors
- afternoon TRE session – TRE for grounding & centering
- review and integration of overnight responses to TRE
- refinement of self-regulation including unconscious tension & defensive states
- the role of memory in habitual reactivity & neuro-muscular bracing
- faulty neuroception & ‘safety in the body’
- fascial unwinding beyond the brain & nervous system
- post-traumatic growth, resilience & physiological maturity in the nervous system
- overview of the Certification Training program (last 1/2 hr of lunch on day 2)
Please note – the workshop syllabus may be adjusted according to the needs of the group.
Module 1 Training Workshops:
2 Day module 1 training workshops are only open TRE Providers or trainees enrolled in the TRE certification training program. Module 1 workshops are held in Melbourne. (*see certification for more details)
Module 2 Training Workshops:
2 Day module 2 training workshops are only open TRE Providers or trainees who have completed the pre-requisite 7 supervision hours and submitted their journal summary & required reading reviews. Module 2 workshops are held in Melbourne. (*see certification for more details)
Workshops for Health Organisations & Corporates:
As Quickstart TRE can be introduced in as little as 1/2 an hour TRE provides a cost-effective occupational stress prevention resource in a wide range of settings from the corporate environment through to vicarious trauma prevention for therapists and emergency services personnel. If you are interested in providing this empowering self-care process to your staff, clients or organisation, please contact Richmond Heath here
TRE Certification Trainer – Richmond Heath
Richmond Heath is a Physiotherapist and founder of Trauma Release Australia who introduced TRE to Australia in 2010. He has run public workshops and professional trainings around Australia and New Zealand including to bushfire survivors in Vicotria, flood survivors in QLD and earthquake survivors in New Zealand. He has presented at conferences internationally and has a broad background in physiotherapy, mental health, community health, Bowen Therapy, Pilates and suicide prevention.
“Through your warmth, friendliness and openness, and the clarity and professionalism of your facilitation, you created a very safe environment in which we could allow ourselves to fully experience the exercises and tremors. Afterwards, I felt calm, relaxed, centered, grounded and my mind was still and peaceful (something that happens rarely!)”
Leigh Ford, Counsellor
TRE Certification Trainer – Jelka Slapar
[profile coming soon]